In this guide, I will explain why use WordPress for your blogging and business Website.
So if you want to get
- More traffic
- More flexibility
- More support
You really have to use WordPress for starting. I will explain in the later sections.
Let’s get started.
1. What is Wordpress?
In today’s marketplace, WordPress is the simplest and most convenient software that can be used create your own website – thanks in large part to the fact that it takes care of website content creation and management as well as is supported with a lot of plugins.
WordPress powers almost one-third of all websites on the Internet today.
WordPress was originally started as a tool for building a blog, it has evolved into a powerful website builder throughout the journey. Due to its robust features, many of the top brand companies power their websites with WordPress. For instance, Techcrunch and Mercedez-Benz.
2. Why Use WordPress?
If you want to create a website for your business or a blog, it is recommended to use WordPress.
These are the reasons why WordPress is always the people’s choice when comes to build a website.
It is the most popular CMS in the world.
According to statistics Jan 2019, it still maintains as the first place for CMS on the web, with more than 33% of the web and 60.5% of the market share.
It is completely FREE.
WordPress is FREE and open-source software. It means you can download, install, use and modify it to match your needs for free. You can use it to build any kind of website.
It is supported by a huge number of themes and plugins.
WordPress provides thousands of free website themes that you can choose from. Choose a good theme for your website so that it has a visually stunning graphical interface and also comes with great functionality and reliability.
With over 50 thousand different plugins on WP Plugins store, it’s never been easier to find the plugin you are looking for whatever you’re aiming for. That’s how you can fully customize and change your site entirely.
It has a huge community of users/developers talking about it.
In other words, you have more community’s supports whenever you encounter a problem with WordPress.
It is SEO friendly.
WordPress gives a lot of advantages in the SEO game for examples, proper HTML markup, SEO-friendly permalinks, optimized images, title tag, and headings. This makes Google and other search engines love WordPress.
According to Ahrefs’ report, 46.1% of WordPress websites got at least some monthly organic search traffic, compared with only 1.4% of Wix sites.
It is designed for everyone even a non-techie person.
A large number of people using WordPress are neither web designers nor programmers. In fact, most people start using WordPress to build a website without any prior knowledge of developing websites.
It is highly customizable and high flexibility.
You can build any website for instances, personal blog, business website, online store very easily by using WordPress.
3. WordPress Installation
1. Login to your web hosting (A2Hosting in my case) dashboard
2. Enter cPanel. Look for your domain name and click cPanel Login
3. Softaculous Apps Installer -> WordPress. Look for the Softaculous Apps Installer section and install WordPress script.
4. Install WordPress. Click install now
5. Website information. Fill in all the necessary information for your WordPress website.
4. Login to WordPress Dashboard
1. WordPress login. Login to the WordPress website dashboard. yourdomain.com/wp-admin e.g. hostingguide.com/wp-admin. You will see a login screen if your domain name DNS has successfully pointed to your nameserver addresses. (It may take up to 24 hours for processing)
2. WordPress dashboard. After login WordPress with your username and password. it will bring you to your WordPress dashboard. WordPress dashboard is where admin / editor will work a lot. And, this is where you insert the contents of the website.
Congratulations. Until this step, you finally have the WordPress installed in the hosting. In the next step, you will learn about what is a WordPress theme and its functions which control the overall appearance of your website.